WOW | Beauty
Exfoliating Mask by Sakchhi Maskey
Along with beautiful and clear skies comes the heat and dust that damages your skin. Spas can be expensive and not all overnight masks are to be trusted. So, what’s a beauty junkie to do to retain that glow? Makeup artists Sakchhi Maskey and Sanu Gurung share two DIY masks that they swear by.
Although a newbie in the industry, Sakchhi Maskey has garnered popularity through her Youtube videos. Her makeup pictures on Instagram is a big hit amongst the young crowd.
Exfoliating Mask by Sakchhi
“This mask really helps brighten the skin, fades dark spots, possibly removes acne scars and definitely gets rid of excess dirt. It can be used twice a week.”
- Half tablespoon lemon juice
- One tablespoon tomato juice
- One tablespoon honey
- Sugar as required (refined sugar)
Method: Put all the ingredients together in a glass bowl and mix well. Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply the mixture with a facial mask brush or cotton. Leave on for 20 minutes. Afterwards, scrub your face in a circular motion. Wash off.
- Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and citric acid which has antibacterial properties that help lighten and brighten the skin.
- Tomato increases fairness, balances the skin’s pH level, and also treats sunburn and skin irritations.
- Honey has antioxidant properties which is a complexion booster and helps moisturise.
- Sugar helps remove dead skin and is smoother than a salt scrub.