WOW | Beauty
Glam & Glitter by Pratistha Saakha
Makeup in 2018 is all about experimenting with colours, accessories and props. WOW collaborated with two young and talented makeup artists to create exceptional summer looks to amp your glam factor.
For the first look, I used pearls as my main prop. I highlighted the cheeks with pink to go with the white pearls. However I have kept the eye make up minimal by blending two shades of pink. As pearl and pink colours symbolise purity and tenderness, I have played with an artistic look.
I started by applying CeraVe moisturiser on a well-cleansed face. It works wonders for dry skin as it balances the moisture and keeps the skin hydrated.
• For a smooth flawless base, I used the No Poreblem primer from TOUCH IN SOL which is a Korean brand. This primer creates a smooth base for makeup application.
• Then I used the foundation by Milani ‘Conceal+Perfect’ in shade ’06’ and Elf HD concealer to conceal and highlight. This is one of the best drugstore concealers and the coverage is just amazing for the price.
• After that I applied the Kat Von D shade + light for shading. It is very easy to blend; I would definitely recommend it for beginners. For the cheeks I applied blush from ‘Vacci’ and highlighter Becca champagne pop for that glow.
• I applied a fusion of Jaclyn Hill palette and Morphe 35B in the eyelids and swept the eye lashes (Foxy Lashes from Rebelbeauty.Inc) with M.A.C Upward Lash Mascara.
• I shaped the eyebrows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow pomade in medium brown.
• At first, I used Jordana liquid matte in ‘sweet macaron’ and topped it with the Huda beauty lip strobe in ‘Enchanting’.
For the second look I wanted to give a soft and dewy look. I decided to use soft shades on both the eye lids and the cheeks. I have added some body glitter to give that sultry charm. Later I have used a rope as a neck piece to give an edgy look.
• I used the same base as the first one for the look. I just retouched the base.
• Then to give an artistic touch to the look I added some glitter, Brilliance from NYX cosmetics in shade ‘Yellow Gold’.
• I customised the ‘ Kingdom of Lashes’ lashes by adding gold glitter on it to give extra pop to the eyes.
• Similarly I used Jaclyn Hill palette and Morphe 35B in the eyelids.
• The lipstick I used for the second look is tarte lip paint in the shade ‘reign’. It has a creamy texture but is really light weight.