People | BABA SARKAR SHRESTHA
BABA SARKAR SHRESTHA
Up your cooking skills this season with the help of three WOW women who share their special recipes with us.
BABA SARKAR SHRESTHA
Baba Sarkar Shrestha is a socialite, entrepreneur and visionary. She is also engaged in several philanthropic works. Baba has a strong passion for perfumes, travel and food!
APPLE ROSE – RECIPE
For the dough
1 cup all purpose flour
1 table spoon of sugar
A pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon soft butterWater
Mix all the dry ingredients together. Then using the water, knead the flour into a firm dough like you would for chapati. Leave to rest.
For Apple Rose
2 red medium apples
1/2 cup sugar powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons semi melted butter
• Cut apples in half. Remove the core, but do not peel the apples. Cut them into thin even slices.
• Place the apple slices in a bowl. Add few drops of lemon juice, little bit of sugar and some water, and microwave for a minute. Drain the liquid.
• Roll out the dough into a long rectangle shape. Cut long strips, about 3 inches to 10 inches wide.
• Brush each strip with melted butter, and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon powder. Starting from the end, leaving a little space, place the sliced apple (curved side upwards) partially overlapping each other on each strip in a row (horizontally). The top of the apple should extend a little over the dough. Once it is done, fold the bottom half of the dough over almost half the apple slices. Starting at one end, roll the strip with apple slices gently and then seal the end.
• Pre heat oven at 350 degree celsius.
• Butter ramekins or any muffin tins. Place the rose apple and bake for about 25 minutes or until brown. Pastry should be fully cooked inside. Once cooked, dust the rose apple with icing sugar.
CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS – RECIPE
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar (little less or more
depending on your taste buds)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
I cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
50 grams semi sweet chocolate
• Microwave to melt the butter and the semi-sweet chocolate, stirring at an interval of 30 seconds so it does not burn.
• Mix all the dry ingredients together.
• Beat the eggs, milk and vanilla essence until well blended. Gently incorporate both the dry and wet ingredients to make a smooth batter.
• Pre-heat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit (175 degree celsius).
• Pour batter in greased muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Insert a wooden tooth pick to check if your muffins are cooked. If the tooth pick comes out clean then your muffin is done. Leave outside to cool. Decorate as you desire