Quick Links | Designs on you
Shape of you
It’s the start of a new day and the first thing you hear is, “Look at you…” The thoughts running in your head could be many: ‘Do I look fat or skinny?’, ‘Is my make-up too loud?’, ‘Is my hair a nest?’ And then, the person completes the sentence: “You look beautiful, as always.”
To tell a woman to love her body whatever her shape, WOW collaborates with three leading designers who are known to embrace all curves and edges to make a woman look and feel beautiful.
Teyang (Tenzing Yangkyi Shrestha), Tenzin Tseten Bhutia and Manish Rai share their expert tips.
Photos: Ram Tandukar
MUA: Shreeja Shrestha (@shrezastha Contact: 9843523088)
Manish Rai on the Diamond body shaped
The waist is larger than the bust and hips. The shoulders are narrow compared to the hips. Breasts are small to medium in size. They have a tendency to gain weight on their stomach, back, hips and buttocks. They carry some weight on their upper legs. Their greatest asset is their lower legs which are shapely and one of their most attractive feature. You have proportionately slender, shapely arms, so flaunt it.
- Wear figure flattering garments instead of loose ones.
- Garments in dark shades such as black, navy blue minimise curves providing an appearance of a slimmer body.
- Turtlenecks and chaubandi make necks look shorter so they should be worn with caution.
- Monochromatic outfits make the wearer look taller and slimmer.
- Princess seam and empire line garments are more flattering.
- Big patterns should be avoided.
- Layering when done right also slims down the body shape
Model: Prathana Uday Sundar Shrestha in Manish Rai collection
Co-founder of MP Luxury Bridal
What is your favourite part about Manish’s designs?
It makes me feel like a princess.