Quick Links | Eat Wise
The Top 25 Alkaline Foods on the Planet
These are the best alkaline foods you can consume. Eat more to prevent cancer, obesity and heart disease.
- Olive Oil – High in vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Melon – Cleanses the colon and are super alkaline as their pH level is 8.5. Also, watermelons are rich in fiber and are 92% water in content.
- Flax Seed – Rich in vitamin E and fiber. They alkalise the body, soothe inflammation, and reduce hot flashes in menopause.
- Swiss Chard – Has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties and also prevents damage caused by free radicals.
- Buckwheat – Excellent wheat replacement and is great for breakfast to energise your body and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Carrots – Rich in beta-carotene and improves eyesight.
- Mango – Cleanses the colon.
- Sauerkraut – Fermented foods are high in probiotics.
- Pineapple – Helps weight loss.
- Cucumber – Its 90% water content moisturises the skin, keeps the body hydrated, and supports skin health.
- Grapefruit – Good source of numerous vitamins.
- Parsley – Cleanses the intestines.
- Quinoa – Regulates blood sugars.
- Berries – Rich source of antioxidants.
- Papaya – Acts as a laxative and cleanses the colon.
- Avocado – Rich in healthy monounsaturated fats which support heart health.
- Bananas – Ripe bananas are amazing healthy superfoods.
- Brussels Sprouts – Can help prevent cancer.
- Alfalfa Sprouts – Balances hormones, provides enzymes, and are easy to digest.
- Garlic – Numerous health properties, including blood pressure control.
- Broccoli – Steamed broccoli lowers cholesterol.
- Seaweeds – Rich in iron and alkalises the body.
- Grapes – Rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and lowers blood pressure.
- Spinach – Highest amounts of vitamins.
- Lemons– Rich in vitamin C, Fights the flu, colds and cough.